Asheville NC Campground Recommendation

happyappy

Have an unexpected chance to get away for a long weekend 6/19--6/22. I had hoped to stay at Mama Gertie's but its booked for the weekend.

Looking for campground recommendations in the Asheville area (Asheville, Black Mountain, Swannanoah, etc.). No kids so swimming pools and playgrounds aren't necessary. Would love somewhere with nice mountain vistas and spacious sites.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Rodbuster

I agree that Campfire Lodgings is fantastic!! Great views of the mountains and the French Broad River. The low numbered sites (1-5) are the best - in my opinion - the view is not blocked and the sites are positioned so you do not see your neighbor when sitting outside. It is a little pricey but well worth it.

upsmech

I agree with the suggestions offered. We have been there twice last year and are going back this fall. Highly recommend it.

happyappy

Thanks all for your recommendations. Campfire Lodgings contacted and reservation set! Can't wait to get there...the website and descriptions sound just like what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

happyappy

We're back from Campfire Lodgings and had a great time...what an incredible view! It's a great little campground with easy access back to downtown Asheville. I have to admit I wondered what you guys had gotten me into on the road up to the campground. I can't imagine what would happen if a fiver heading up met a fiver coming down...but thankfully no issues for us.

Here's a bad phone picture of the view from the campground. Asheville June 2012.jpg

For those of you who aren't familiar with Asheville, NC...it's a great town in the mountains. Fourteen local microbreweries, outstanding restaurants and a thriving arts community. The kind of place you can walk up on an impromptu drum circle (Is that Phil wearing the white sunglasses?) or bluegrass jam. Lots of things to see and do within a half hour drive.

As we were leaving I met Phil Smith and his wife. We might just head down Longs in the fall to hang out with the SC folks.

The only down side to the weekend was it was a weekend...wish we had longer. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Attachments

• Asheville June 2012 2.jpg
    Asheville June 2012 2.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 58