Chevy Bed Length

Dave

Traveling Two
Does anyone pull their Sundance with a Chevy 2500HD with a standard length bed? I've always had a 8 foot bed but for manuverability I'm thinking about getting a little smaller (standard) bed. I have a B&W hitch therefore I really don't want to buy a slider. Is the in dash navigation system worth the investment vs a Tom-Tom or Garmin? Thanks for your thoughts, suggestions and comments.

sjs731

I pull our 2012 3300CK with my 2007 GMC 2500HD crew cab. I have a B&W hitch and have never had an issue. The 88 degree turning radius has been done and maybe even closer to 90. The pin box cover runs on the rails for my tonneau cover when I do that but that's about it.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumo

North Trail 5th wheel, a Reese Hitch and Duramax crew cab with a short bed, have not had a problem.

RAHanock

We also use a GMC 2500HD crew cab and a 6.5 ft. bed and a Reese 15K non-sliding hitch without problems.

currituck0209

DAVE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE RAND McNALLY (RVND-5510) WE HAVE A BUILD IN GPS IN OUR F-350 BUT LOVE THE McNALLY, DESIGNED FOR RVers '

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My opinion on the OEM nav system is, they work great...but $2200 bucks is alot of money and you only get a single disc cd player. My $175 Tom-Tom works just fine and I have a 6 disc changer. But I do have XM radio, so I don't use it much. We have a long bed Chebby but you will not need a slider with a short bed. Had one with our short bed and never needed it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We use our iPad with the TeleNav GPS program. I mount the iPad on a Ram Computer mount I installed in the truck. TeleNav is free for the basic app and I think $29.99 for the full featured version with updates, turn by turn voice and several other features (like POIs, such as Department Stores, restaurants, and gas stations to name just a few).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Whats this standard bed stuff ?? I always thought a standard bed was 8 ft long and a short bed was 6ft or so!! Inquiring minds want to know!!

caissiel

Standard beds are now 78 in long and long bed are over 96 in. Short beds belong to 1/2 tons less then 78 in. Thats the way I see it.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2