CY 3010 Fresh Water Tank - Some water is inaccessible - Discussion

Manke3010

Awesome. Thanks for posting back Rod.
I've been waiting as we can't drop our rig off till mid Dec. so it's great to hear I'll have some options to provide my HL approved service dealer.

What's the name of your (assuming west coast) service manager?
I tend to like their new fix of running a draw line into both tanks, so I hope they are willing to warranty either way.
Thanks again to you Rod and HL for offering us current owners a fix to this factory problem.

smday

That's great to hear. My trailer is suppose to come off line today:D and i really hope that issue is fixed for the new trailers.

rtataryn

Awesome. Thanks for posting back Rod.
I've been waiting as we can't drop our rig off till mid Dec. so it's great to hear I'll have some options to provide my HL approved service dealer.

What's the name of your (assuming west coast) service manager?
I tend to like their new fix of running a draw line into both tanks, so I hope they are willing to warranty either way.
Thanks again to you Rod and HL for offering us current owners a fix to this factory problem.

Luke,

The Northwest rep I spoke with is Gary Randolf. I'm not sure if he covers So-Cal. Call the number Jim gave us and they'll connect you with the right rep. He said they were all discussing this issue in their service meeting this morning.

Rod

Yianni

OK,
Now I'm a little confused. I had some free time yesterday so I did a bucket test on my fresh water tank. (OK, a lot of free time).
On my previous Keystone, when I filled the fresh water tank I would fill until I heard air coming out of the vent and then wait for a steady stream of water to pour out of the vent and then I knew I was totally full. On my Cyclone, it kept filling and I heard air and a little water came out of the vent but not a steady stream. I finally got nervous about the tank rupturing so I stopped before I had a steady stream of water coming from the vent.
So now comes the bucket test. 2 gallon bucket with me monitoring it. 94 gallons drained into the bucket. So I don't know if I could have gotten 6 more gallons in or if I have 6 gallons that are unreachable.
So, how do you know when you are totally full when filling?
My Cyclone 3010 build date was August 26th. Don't know if anything changed from mine to previous models but I can live with 6 gallons. Again, I'm not 100% sure the tank was totally full.

rtataryn

Yianni,

When you say you drained it, are you talking about the drain tube underneath the coach, or about drawing water through the pump and then measuring it?

Also, are you bypassing your hot water tank in your measurement process, or has water accumulated in it?

What happens to my 3010 is: After draining as much as possible through the drain tube, it will then take at least 25-30 gallons of fill before enough water has accumulated in the tank for my pump to draw from it. That's approximately 1/3 of total capacity that's unusable. I have no idea exactly how much remains in the tank after draining it through the drain tube, but it's not empty. I'm going to see exactly how much is left when we pull the underbelly and physically look.

Rod

Yianni

Rod,
The problem you are having does not seem to be happening in mine. I drained 94 gallons from the tube under the Cyclone into a 2 gallon bucket. After reading your post, I went in the trailer and turned on the water pump. It ran and then pressurized. The gauge was reading 1/3 full. I put my 2 gallon bucket in the kitchen sink and filled it 3 times and a little before the pump was laboring. So that was 6 gallons it still pumped after emptying 94 gallons. I ran the kitchen faucet on the cold side only so not sure how the water heater fits in. What are your thoughts on all this?

rtataryn

Yianni,

I can't imagine you'd have much left in your water tanks so it doesn't sound like you've got any problem with yours.

It also sounds like your pump is drawing very well from your tanks. That's excellent. Especially if you consider that your pump removes water that even the drain tube can't.

Now that you've pumped out 100 gallons. Go to your water heater and remove the drain plug (anode rod) at the bottom (be sure to open the top vent first), and then measure how much water is in the tank. It should hold 8-10 gallons.

That would count for your 110 total capacity. Bravo!

- Now I've got to get mine to do that.

Rod

dougw

Well, during my T-day 2nd trip with the new trailer, I'm finding that I too fallen to the 1/3 light, empty water tank issue. Good thing I guess that the wife had the last shower on saturday before it went dry.

I'm going to try the same fix as "thomasinnv" did on page 1 of this topic. If that doesn't work then I thought I might try one of the bulkhead fittings. My local trailer place sold me one for my last trailer when the stock fitting started to leak. I just opened up that hole and replaced it. then probably just "Y" into the existing hose.

Then do something about that extremely loud water pump. what a noise it makes.

Doug

dougw

Also I'd like to make sure I have this straight.

water in from the outside goes to the forward tank. that spills over to the rear tank. the water pump picks up from the rear tank. Correct?

Thanks
DW

porthole

Retired
Also I'd like to make sure I have this straight.

water in from the outside goes to the forward tank. that spills over to the rear tank. the water pump picks up from the rear tank. Correct?

Thanks
DW

Thats the way it is on my 2010 3010

porthole

Retired
Winterized the trailer today, this is how I got more water out of the tanks.

Nice living on the the end of a cul-de-sac, gives you plenty of room.

Attachments

• D30_6027.JPG
    D30_6027.JPG
    611 KB · Views: 65

Manke3010

I am taking my 3010 into a licensed HL repair shop in Fontana, CA this coming Monday to repair the water tank issue, along with some other stuff as well. I'll definitely post back once it's done and with any new info...
Probably won't have the coach back till the end of the month though...

mdhill

What fix are you referrring too?

The fix that Manke3010 refered to in post before yours. Without looking
date and time up Heartland will address the water problem per their post.
Will be interesting to see how it is fixed when manke3010 gets his back.

porthole

Retired
The fix that Manke3010 refered to in post before yours. Without looking
date and time up Heartland will address the water problem per their post.
Will be interesting to see how it is fixed when manke3010 gets his back.

Got it, don't know what that fix is though - will wait and see. I just covered the trailer for the winter so no rush now.......................

kbsplus2

razor 3212sb with tank problems

WOW I knew I wasn't the only one but you guys have really put it to HL. Good for you. First trip for warranty I was told just a sensor issue and fixed. Next time was sensor issue again? Next time I took it in they said I wasn't totally filling it because the vent tube had a sag and that I thought it was full because it spit water at me. Before I took it in for that trip I took pics showing them the tank height difference and the water that would not come out even though there was 20+ gals. HAHA Next time I had a chance I took the underbelly off and took the owner of the dealership and the service manager by the hand and showed them the ice blocks I had in my tanks so they could tell HL personally. HL said they would not do anything and I got to put the underbelly back on myself. HL finally sent me a email (Gary Randolf) that said they were sorry some customers did not appreciate the way the tanks are set up but HL wasn't going to do anything. This was week of Dec 11th, 2009. Has anyone else got fixed satisfactorily. Please let me know. I don't like the sanitation issue or the extra 160+ lbs I tow up the mtn every trip. Not to mention the fact that I use 100 gals of water and bought the capacity to use it (not to haul it without using it).