Early spring campout.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Yep gonna be fun.......looks like the slopes are still open!! Soooo, Nathan (possibly in hip waders) and I will be hitting, whats left of the snow/ice, early Saturday morning.....everyone is welcome to join in the fun!
Screen Shot 2012-03-01 at 9.33.54 AM.jpg

Ken, don't let Terry scare you.......there is that old quote, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, is THAT why I like to be around these folks:confused:

See yall tomorrow!!! Oh, we are arriving sometime Friday too.......here is a pic of our BC after the new full body paint job....thought I would post it so you would know it was me........kinda interesting how the light reflecting off the sides makes it look a little different......and I have NO problem with the backing up!!!! :cool:
Leopard2A6Tarn.jpg

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We are set up at Creek Wood. Beautiful place. We'll be here to assist or critique anyone with backing up as needed tomorrow. :p A former HOC member (j?ajax) is here. Said he knows a lot of you. See you tomorrow. Be careful. Ken

trdeal

Yep gonna be fun.......looks like the slopes are still open!! Soooo, Nathan (possibly in hip waders) and I will be hitting, whats left of the snow/ice, early Saturday morning.....everyone is welcome to join in the fun!
View attachment 17970

Ken, don't let Terry scare you.......there is that old quote, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"!! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, is THAT why I like to be around these folks:confused:

See yall tomorrow!!! Oh, we are arriving sometime Friday too.......here is a pic of our BC after the new full body paint job....thought I would post it so you would know it was me........kinda interesting how the light reflecting off the sides makes it look a little different......and I have NO problem with the backing up!!!! :cool:
View attachment 17971
Lance you are a funny man!

trdeal

We are set up at Creek Wood. Beautiful place. We'll be here to assist or critique anyone with backing up as needed tomorrow. :p A former HOC member (j?ajax) is here. Said he knows a lot of you. See you tomorrow. Be careful. Ken
Ken, glad you made it safely and that you like the cg. Tell Jim and Pat that we said hello and that we are glad they could make it. We will see you sometime tomorrow.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Santha and I are leaving when she gets home from work. We will pull out about 1:00. Should arrive about 4:30.
Randy, Santha and the poodles

lduguay

We should be on the road by noon with an eta of 2:30.......in time to SCORE Randy!! :D

Randy

We should be on the road by noon with an eta of 2:30.......in time to SCORE Randy!! :D

Lance, I already know the score I will receive from you. It will be a 10 with the one missing. See you this afternoon.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal

We all made it to the cg safely,but we have had and are having some stormy weather. Hopefully it wil all be pasted us before to much longer. Had a great dinner out with our Heartland buddies. looking forward to a great day tomorrow and a great potluck supper tomorrow night.It was also great to meet our new Heartland friends Ken and Faye Hyde.

trdeal

You guys take care. There's some crazy, dangerous weather going on tonight.
Thanks Gus. We made it through the night safely,although,there are some areas near by that had some damage. Looking forward to a good day today.

trdeal

We have had a beautiful cool day here today with our great friends.The pot luck supper was great and the 4 games of UNO played by Lances rules was a lot of fun.Thanks to everyone that showed up this weekend and we pray you have a safe trip home. This is a great campground in a great area. If you have not made plans to be with us back here in October for the NC/SC fall rally there are still plenty of good sites available.We are looking forward to seeing you here.

Randy

Terry, They were Lance's rule's and were fun. I am glad no one had a video camera going.
The potluck was great. Also Santha and I got see a very nice bull Elk this morning up in
Maggie Valley.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are home safely and hope everyone else did too. We left in a full blown snow storm that had started to cover the roads. We didn't run out of it until after the TN line. Hope the NC crowd run out of it pretty quickly.

What a great time everyone had. The potluck had more food an any good person could eat. And yes - the UNO game was quite interesting slapping the table after a 7 and 5 on the nose after a 5. Can't remember the 0 rule so will have to play again. THANKS Lance.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Left in a snow storm? Sounds like a good time to leave. I cant believe Lance got all you guys to play UNO by his rules. Of course, making up his own rules is the only way he can win.

And happy birthday Byrd!!!!

trdeal

Made it home safely around 1:30 or so. Got everything out of the camper and put up. Byrd, we ran out of the snow a few miles down the road. Lance and Kem made it home safely. Haven't heard from Jim and Pat. Back to the UNO game. If you layed down a 0 you got to trade hands with anyone at the table, and then everyone else had to hand their cards off to the person to their left. Thats how I won a game. And the funny thing is we played by Lance's rules and he still couldn't win a game.

One more thing: One of our Heartland friends, which is now a some other brand friend, who was camping with us, got locked out of his motor home last night.No, not by his wife but by his dog. His dog nosed the lock and locked them out. No problem right? Well our friend left his keys inside the motor home. Lucky for them they had left a window unlocked. We had a great time and we are looking forward to being back at Creekwood Farms in October for our fall rally.

Nabo

Thanks Larry for the B'day wish ;). Sure wish ya'll could've made it. I will admit, interesting weekend with tornados not too far away on Friday followed by winds Saturday and snow on Sunday. Mother Nature can be real interesting!!!!

Randy

Santha and I got back home about 1 PM. We went through several snow showers on the higher mountain passes but nothing was sticking.

Nabo

Snow Waynesville NC 2012.jpg Glad ya'll made it home safely Randy. The interstate here was just getting a little slushy but was building. Still had a great time.

lduguay

Let me CLARIFY!!Screen Shot 2012-03-04 at 6.59.53 PM.jpg

The "rules" were KEM's "rules".....she learned them from our new son in law.

And by the way......I let y'all win!!!!!
smiley-face-wallpaper-001.jpg

It was an awesome and fun weekend......I hope Santha's isn't bruised from slapping her face and jamming her thumb into the table:rolleyes:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We're still at Creek Wood. I have been called out for Chainsaw disaster relief tomorrow. We'll head home tomorrow and then I'll head to West Liberty, KY for a few days to help with disaster relief. We really enjoyed meeting the heartland group and look forward to more rallies soon. It's supposed to be 19 degrees tonight. Ken