Early spring campout.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Lance - Cataloochee is open with 15 trails & 5 lifts running. No telling what it might be next weekend but are you and Nathan up to ski???

The weather isn't helping us.......
the forecast keeps getting warmer sad_smiley_mic.jpg

BUT, I am bringing my gear......just in case!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hmmmmm, would that be 3 point or 4???:confused:

Sorry y'all can't make it, we will miss Sam.......:rolleyes:

And I do think meeting in the Charlotte area for dinner IS a good idea!! Following you home to get frequent driver HOC miles........don't think so.....the last few, "fair", trips out with y'all, you seem to leave later and get there earlier and its not cause you drive faster that me!!! :cool:

I don't dilly dally on the road-having to stop every 15 minutes to check out the local flair kills your time. And; oh yeah, When I do get there it only takes me one shot to get it in the site... LOL

OUCH... sorry I take it back...

I really do wish we could make it this weekend but it just not in the cards. Especially after today. This has got to be the wettest, coldest sunny day with 20% chance of rain I have ever seen. Visibilty around 1/2 mile all day and rain on and off. Kind of hard to get anything done. So I now get to work all weekend-again.

brauch

Camping Wife
Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll.

lduguay

Soooo, Soooo, sorry to post this, but..... we will not be able to make the campout this weekend after all. We are, however, going to the Georgia rally the middle of March and then on to the Seffner, FL rally. Also, will see most of you in Hilton Head in April. Have a great weekend ya'll.
Awwwwww, we will miss y'all!!!! Screen Shot 2012-02-28 at 9.02.28 PM.png

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I was looking forward to meeting another NC boy. Maybe some other time, some other rally. (Born in Rocky Mount, NC) Ken

trdeal

Hi Ed and Barbara. Sorry to hear that you guys can't attend, but we do understand. As I told you in the email yesterday, this weekend has not turned out to be the best timing for us with Renee having to work on Saturday morning. We will miss you guys but we will see you in HH if not before. We will talk to you latter.

trdeal

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the weather and temperatures for the upcoming weekend. Friday- high of 63 degrees and low of 51 degrees, chance of showers and thunderstorms. Saturday- high of 56 and low of 31 degrees. Chance of showers. Sunday-high of 47 and low of 28 degrees.Chance of a mix of rain and snow showers.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Just checked out our local weather and the temps not too bad but it might be a little soggy sitting around a campfire in NC. Lance - ya got a really big umbrella? The cold stuff isn't suppose to get to TN till Sunday evening which is when the forecast changes to flurries. Not sure about the KY folks weather though.

Oh by the way - Lance will you also give us a lesson on how to enter those really cool clipart that keeps seeming to pop into your and Larry's responses.

lduguay

LOL........Terry and Renee have 2 awnings on that big LM!! AND what is ALL this talk about weather:confused:.......its not like we are TENTING!!!!!!!

Nathan, what are your thoughts on skiing Sat. am?

And I will have to talk with Larry to see if we want to release our "secret" technology to the world! 261194_215839651795758_2468091_n.jpg

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
LOL........Terry and Renee have 2 awnings on that big LM!! AND what is ALL this talk about weather:confused:.......its not like we are TENTING!!!!!!!

Nathan, what are your thoughts on skiing Sat. am?

And I will have to talk with Larry to see if we want to release our "secret" technology to the world! View attachment 17961

Snow showers??? You got to be kidding me, 74 here today.

O well, nothing that a good hot cup of hot chocolate cant fix.cold smiley.jpg

Hope you guys have a great time this weekend. Enjoy the skiing.

Last edited:

Nabo

Lance - Sure as long as I don't have to wear hip-wadder. Haven't check the website today to see if the slopes are still open.

trdeal

Good evening everyone. We have been to enough of these Heartland get togethers to know that you never give an exact or nearly exact time of arrival to the cg. You just never know what could be waiting for you when you get to your site. Right Lance? But I will say this I will be there on Friday sometime between 10:00 am and 10:00 pm.Renee found out a couple weeks ago that she will have to work on Saturday (no way out of it)so she will arrive sometime Saturday afternoon. Everyone have a safe trip to the cg. Looking forward to it.If you haven't reserved yet and want to come, come on. We will be glad to welcome you.

krhyde

We'll be there Thursday afternoon. I was warned to get there before others. Don't know why:confused:

krhyde

I just found out that I am now "friends" with Terry on the HOC forum. Can someone tell me, Is that a good thing???

trdeal

We'll be there Thursday afternoon. I was warned to get there before others. Don't know why:confused:
Ken, the reason I like to arrive at a cg before everyone else,when I can, is because there will be fewer Heartlanders around to watch you back into your spot. There have been a few occasions when a Heartlander will arrive late or last and be greeted with a group of folks with pen and paper in hand ready to score the late comer on his backing abilities. This is all done in fun although I know we probably shouldn't do it.

trdeal

I just found out that I am now "friends" with Terry on the HOC forum. Can someone tell me, Is that a good thing???
Hi Ken. This is Terry and I think it is a good thing. In order to be in a "chat" with someone you have to be a friend. You can see who is online in the bottom right corner of your screen.

krhyde

See you all tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Rain or shine or snow, doesn't matter. Ken

Nabo

Ken - don't let the backing judges scare ya tooo muchhhh - but it really puts ya on your toes :confused:. Can't wait to meet ya'll tomorrow.
B--