Early spring campout.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Terry, would love to come-you know that. Have to see where we are on a couple of houses. I think we will still be framing one and we do have one to get out of the ground in the week or so.

And LANCE, look I really was defending you...I know for a fact that the explosion and subsequent fire was not entirely your fault. And I really have to disagree with the young police officer that came out the last time-I don't think they have the authority to ban you from SC.

And for both of y'all---at least if you are talking about me, some other very innocent and undeserving person is getting a break. View attachment 17814
I know all to well what you are talking about Larry. I am very Thankful to be working ,but the JOB does get in the way of us camping as much as we want to. And don't worry. Anything we say about you will be nothing but the truth.

brauch

Camping Wife
My, My, My......this is starting out to be a REAL good campout. Can't wait !! Only 2 more weeks. Pray for warm weather.

trdeal

My, My, My......this is starting out to be a REAL good campout. Can't wait !! Only 2 more weeks. Pray for warm weather.
You are right Barbara! I believe we are going to have a great time. Putting in my order for a pretty and warm weekend.

lduguay

We are not all a wild and crazy group. Just certain certain members of the group and I would never mention any names, Well maybe.
But I will be quiet at the moment. Lance, I need to know your arrival time. I need to be there prior to your arrival.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Ahhhhhh Randy, "Enquiringly Minds Want To Know"........We are thinking Friday, but might try to get out of town Thursday.....or maybe......:rolleyes:

Yep, gonna be a fun weekend regardless of the weather!!!
Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 12.10.20 PM.jpg

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Lance if you and Kem are going to arrive on Thursday that is great. We will probably arrive about 6 on Friday.
Yes, we will have fun. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Santha and I are on pins and needles. Can't wait to pick up the Sundance and get it ready for the trip.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal

Randy, I know what you mean. We are excited to see everyone again and to meet some new friends. We are planning to wake up the "Beast" this weekend. There are still sites available if anyone else wants to join us.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh my - THE BEAST. Poor Classic - I would hate to be called THE BEAST!! We call the BC - The Grey Ghost but THE BEAST???

trdeal

Oh my - THE BEAST. Poor Classic - I would hate to be called THE BEAST!! We call the BC - The Grey Ghost but THE BEAST???
Ok! I guess calling our Landmark "The Beast" was a little harsh. So how about this. This weekend I am planning to wake up our Beautiful,2005 "Classic" Landmark Mt Rushmore, number 135. We are definetly looking forward to getting our home away from home back out on the roads.

Terry and Renee,
Sorry we won't be able to attend as we will have just passed papers on the house and will be in need of about 3 weeks of sleep LOL - getting this done is takes more than it used to!!!! Just glad we are doing it.
Gary and Dian

trdeal

Terry and Renee,
Sorry we won't be able to attend as we will have just passed papers on the house and will be in need of about 3 weeks of sleep LOL - getting this done is takes more than it used to!!!! Just glad we are doing it.
Gary and Dian
Gary and Diane, No problem. We are glad you are getting things taken care of on your end. We are looking forward to seeing you in Hilton Head.

trdeal

Hello everyone,
I spoke with a nice lady today at the campground and ask if they have firewood for sale. She said they did for $5.00 per bundle. She also said that they have a firepit large enough for our group to sit around near our campsites if we would like to use it. I told her we would, but if you would like to bring your own portable firepit that is fine also. We are goin to have a great time.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Lance - Cataloochee is open with 15 trails & 5 lifts running. No telling what it might be next weekend but are you and Nathan up to ski???

lduguay

Hey Lance - Cataloochee is open with 15 trails & 5 lifts running. No telling what it might be next weekend but are you and Nathan up to ski???

WOW......with our daughters wedding and warm winter I didn't think there was an "Ice Cubes chance in......!!!" :rolleyes:

I DO believe we will be bringing our gear and make a "game time decision"!!!!! Maybe ski early Saturday....till it gets to warm/slushy.

The 10 day forecast says below freezing every night except 1......that is pretty good odds for snow on the slopes!!

Is anyone else that is coming a skier? The more the merrier!!:D

trdeal

No sliding down a slippery slope for this feller. Gonna keep my feet on solid ground. I told a friend I would look at a cg for him while we were in the area.

lduguay

Lance, I just cant get this picture out of my mind.

View attachment 17920

That is just about right, being the "full figured" fellow I am!!

Is work gonna allow y'all to join in the fun next week? A little ski trip might just give you some new "campfire" material! :rolleyes:

Fyi, I did have the opportunity to ski with the French Olympic Team in the Alps when I was 9 years old......THAT is another campfire story for next weekend :D

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
That is just about right, being the "full figured" fellow I am!!

Is work gonna allow y'all to join in the fun next week? A little ski trip might just give you some new "campfire" material! :rolleyes:

Fyi, I did have the opportunity to ski with the French Olympic Team in the Alps when I was 9 years old......THAT is another campfire story for next weekend :D

If it was me on the skis, I would have fallen over half way down the mountain. I do the the 3 point system-two feet and my butt....

I am afraid we will not make it :(-Sam has appointments on Friday, and we are finishing one up this week. Talked with Terry on Friday about it.

We did talk about maybe meeting some where around Charlotte this year. But you have to drive to Columbia and then back just to be fair to us.

lduguay

If it was me on the skis, I would have fallen over half way down the mountain. I do the the 3 point system-two feet and my butt....

I am afraid we will not make it :(-Sam has appointments on Friday, and we are finishing one up this week. Talked with Terry on Friday about it.

We did talk about maybe meeting some where around Charlotte this year. But you have to drive to Columbia and then back just to be fair to us.

Hmmmmm, would that be 3 point or 4???:confused:

Sorry y'all can't make it, we will miss Sam.......:rolleyes:

And I do think meeting in the Charlotte area for dinner IS a good idea!! Following you home to get frequent driver HOC miles........don't think so.....the last few, "fair", trips out with y'all, you seem to leave later and get there earlier and its not cause you drive faster that me!!! :cool: