EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana * - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilmanJim

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana* - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Mark and Jennifer,

Sounds like you have everything under control. Now if Mother Nature will cooperate. If you are going with the Family Style Dinner we will have to excuse ourselves as with certain food allergies we won't be able to be as selective. We can keep the fire burning though. :D
We are getting so anxious to start heading West. Got everything waxed and ready. Let the Rains Begin, I would be an adventure if it wasn't raining when we travel. Got to have something to talk about around a fire. ;)

Safe Travels to All.

Jim and Wilma

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired

We're MN people coming! First rally and really looking forward to it!
Plan on being there on Th. pm!
Still figuring out what we're bringing for potluck yet though!

jbeletti

We're MN people coming! First rally and really looking forward to it!...

Ya MN people!

Tom and Kathy - we're looking forward to meeting you at the first Iowa Heartland Owners Club chapter rally!

One day in 2011, I hope we'll be saying the same thing about Minnesota. Just need a club member to self-nominate themselves to try their hand at leading the state for a year. Could it be you? Jack/Sue - you? I'm fishin' :)

Jim

chasdvorak

Mark and Jennifer,

Count us in for the Iowa Rally......just made the reservations and will be on the road for a mid-day arrival on Friday. After an extremely difficult schedule this summer, we finally chipped out some time for a road trip. We will be attending the dinner on Friday evening and you may have to contact the Coroner/Medical Examiner since Reggie will be baking her "To die for" coffee cake for the Pot Luck on Saturday. (Reggie just rolled her eyes as I read this to her). Thanks for all the hard work and we look forward to seeing everyone next week.

Chuck and Reggie

PS-we may have two additional adults and will advise you ASAP.

convert

Reginald Hromek
Hello
We are in Urbana IA about 40 mi from Amana and raining again. Good news is next week should be sunny.
Our dish to pass will be Italian meat balls. See you at the Rally.:)

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member

Your welcome....Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. We will be pullling our camper out there on Friday morning. We are getting more and more excited everyday for this.
Gary
Thanks for the info Gary. This will be our maiden voyage also. I've had a bunch of trailers but this is our first fiver. I'll watch the time and pick a road accordingly. I know those Friday afternoon freeway messes can be a real headache no matter where you are. See ya there! Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello
We are in Urbana IA about 40 mi from Amana and raining again. Good news is next week should be sunny.
Our dish to pass will be Italian meat balls. See you at the Rally.:)
Yum Yum! Italian Meatballs... Make a few extra, I love em'.;)

GOTTOYS

Re: Convert, Reg and Nancy. Your HOC member number is 1651. Mine is 1652! How cool is that. We must have signed up on the same day. See ya at the Rally...Don :cool:

convert

Reginald Hromek
Just for info:
THE KEG TAPPING FOR THE OCTOBERFEST OPENING IS AT 2PM ON FIRDAY.PARADE FOR THE KEG FROM THE BREWERY TO THE FESTALLBARN STARTS AT 1;30. THEN THE KEG IS TAPPED AND ITS FREE BEER TILL ITS GONE. SEE YOU AT THE RALLY.:D

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Great info: I hope I don't injure anyone while I'm trying to get to the free beer! If I do, I apologize in advance!

Tom and Kathy are planning on bringing Sloppy Joe/Barbecues to the potluck! Make those carney brats!
Looking forward to the rally!

Last edited:

bacaye

The Big Country is almost ready to head to Iowa. Everything sounds like lots of fun. Just wondering if anyone will have a Big Country at the rally???

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
The Big Country is almost ready to head to Iowa. Everything sounds like lots of fun. Just wondering if anyone will have a Big Country at the rally???

According to my records there will be one other Big Country there!

Del600

GREAT POST about the First Keg.

When you arrive at the RV park you should recieve a packet from the office, it has the weekend Oktoberfest activities.

jbeletti

Maid-Rites on Thursday night anyone?

Nancy and I have revised our plans and are now putting into Amana earlier on Thursday than originally planned. We now plan to arrive after lunch but before dinner time.

BUT I STILL WANT MAID-RITES :)

So we are planning on setting up camp, then heading out at dinner time (5/6 pm) to get my fix.

Ray and Lin I know are in. Anyone else want to caravan out to Maid-Rite for dinner on Thursday?

Looks to be about 13 miles (20 minutes).

site_logo2.jpg
FirefoxScreenSnapz199.jpg
maid-rite.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Maid-Rites on Thursday night anyone?

Yep, we are in. I talked to Ray about it last week.

Peace
Dave

Del600

Sounds good Jim, I have a meeting until 1PM, then I will be over, should be there by 4.
Girls won't be there until 8ish.

convert

Reginald Hromek

Hey Jim,
Count us in Nancy & Reg. By the way for us newbys, what is a maid -rite. Sounds like it's got you excited.

jbeletti

Reg,

Loose meat goodness on a bun, cooked with onion. I like mine with ketchup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.