EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana * - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like we're going to have to throw a little more wood on the fire!
Thanks for that info. Jim, we're now putting in more warm clothes!

Mark,
Please add 2 more to the Friday event, we're going to be attending the Friday Night Feast at the restaurant

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
Re: Maid-Rites on Thursday night anyone?

Chris and I are up for the maid rites! We arrived late this afternoon and are in x2. Looking forward to meeting all the other Heartland families.

bacaye

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana* - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

If it ok we would like to tag along. Barb and Bill. PS: Will be nice to see how they compare to the ones in Quincy, IL.

jbeletti

If it ok we would like to tag along. Barb and Bill. PS: Will be nice to see how they compare to the ones in Quincy, IL.

I agree. I found the ones in Quincy to be "just okay". Had me some really good ones somewhere this year - can't remember where :)

Had some last February in Iowa at the Welcome Center coming into IA on I35. Good ones but not the best I have had.

Jim

GOTTOYS

Mmmmm Maid Rites. I read where the secret is to make them using Chicken Broth on the hamburger and onions when you're cooking them. Pretty close to the real thing when I tried it. Of course you always THINK they were better when you had them as a kid...heading down in the morning see ya there!

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member

See you all in about 3 hours or so.....I will be the one with the smallest heartland....I think.....also the one with the leg brace!!! lol

jbeletti

Well, we had at least 14 people that headed out for Maid-Rites last night. I think we all agreed, they were no better than average. A bit dry. Later, I learned we could order them "wet". More grease I guess. Oh well. Dave (cookie) also tried a Chili Maid-Rite - not so good :(

Some shops just make them better than others is all.

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member

I have posted a new album on my profile with photos that I have took already. I am planning on taking a lot more photos through out the rally as long as my knee allows me to. If anyone would like a copy of any of the photos I take just let me know and I will be happy to get you a copy!!!
Gary

jbeletti

Videos taken during games after potluck dinner

Cookie Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321609&l=cd5a4e78db&id=100000383645856[/video]

Ping Pong Ball Catch Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321610&l=7ed54c3e00&id=100000383645856[/video]

Coke Can Stack Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321611&l=9c9bd5285e&id=100000383645856[/video]

Toilet Paper Unrolling Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321612&l=c3adf4fa6e&id=100000383645856[/video]

Plate and Cup Stack Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321613&l=e48f157c6a&id=100000383645856[/video]

Catch Ball with Screwdriver Contest
[video]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321614&l=8e0e4c43fb&id=100000383645856[/video]

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Re: Videos taken during games after potluck dinner

Jennifer, Lauren and I got home yesterday unpacked, ordered a pizza and were all in bed by 8:30.

Thank you to everyone who came to our first rally, we had a lot of fun putting it on.

We had 27 rigs overall, and picked up 2 new Heartland Owners Club members, Welcome Frank, Judy Tom and Diane.

A HUGE thanks to Ketelsen RV, they did a fantastic job with entertainment, they are good people.

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Videos taken during games after potluck dinner

We just got home from the rally at 6:30 this evening. Mark and Jen you did a great job. For a first time chapter rally this was huge.
Ketelsen RV did a great job doing everything they did, and they did a lot. I still have cookie crumbs in my eye.
As always, it was great to see old friends and make new ones.
Had a blast at Octoberfest, shopping and wine tasting at the Amana Colonies.
Oh, and it would be great to see the videos of the games. Jim....Jim....are you there???

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I want to echo what Dave and others have said. Mark and Jenn (and Lauren too) - you guys did a fantastic job with your very first rally. Great organization, great weather (during the day :)), great location, Octoberfest, and finally, great dealer participation. Thank you and I hope you are in again for 2011 and put on a rally that is just as much fun.

Speaking of dealer participation, and I passed this to my bosses this morning - with respect to rally participation, some dealers get it, but sadly, most do not. And all who were at this rally would agree that Kettlesen RV "gets it"! It's one thing to want to be at our rallies. Another thing to step up and provide a meal. But it's a class of its own for those few dealers who truly get involved as Kettlesen did. And notice, they did so very humbly.

Cookie! Yeah, I blew it on the video links in an earlier post - but, here you are (click me).

Jim

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Wow!!! Great first time rally! What a wonderful time we had!

Thank you Mark, Jennifer, Lauren and the whole Ketelsen RV group. It was great making new friends and meeting up with old friends.

Fine wine, Beer, food, campfire and fun! What more could we ask for. Can't wait until next year!

We are so glad we did not turn around and go home when we encountered transmission problems at 150 miles out.

This is only our 3rd rally as we have been to the Wisconsin rally twice now and if this is an indication of all the Rallys, then we are going to have to get to more of them!
Happy and Safe travels to all!

p.s. For all you Chevy owners that gave me crap, the big red Dodge got us home!
Hurting maybe...but she made it!!!! :D

GOTTOYS

All I can say is WOW! We had the best time ever!!!!! If you missed this Rally you really missed a great time. Just got in the door after wrestling the trailer into the driveway. It went better this time. Kath is already on the phone telling our daughter how much fun we had. Thanks to all for a truly great time. Can't wait for the next one.....Don and Kathy Swanson

jbeletti

...This is only our 3rd rally as we have been to the Wisconsin rally twice now and if this is an indication of all the Rallys, then we are going to have to get to more of them!...

Glad you made it home Paul. Wait til you join us in Goshen in June 2010. You guys will both want to retire and just join the Rallyholics group and go on the road on the rally circuit :)

dglatta

Kathi and I are still in amazement over the great time we had in the Amanas with our Heartland brethern and sisteren! Ketlesen RV was fantastic with their support. The kindness, friendliness, and generosity of our fellow Heartlanders will not soon be forgotten. When we talk to our SOB friends, they are in awe of what we have experienced in our first two rallies (Nashville and Amana) Mark and Jennifer: You must be so proud of what you have accomplished with this first Iowa rally. Thank you for all you did to make this the GREAT weekend that is was. We hope to meet up with our new friends from this rally many times again "down the road"! Dave and Kathi

chasdvorak

Many thanks to Mark and Jen for all the hard work getting the Iowa Chapter/Rally up and running. It was a great time that was shared amongst some of the happiest campers on this planet. Thanks to Jim B for his support and patience while wading through all of the questions, inquires and rumors. Heartland management and the HOG members realize and appreciate Jim's hard work which should keep him going for the next 30 or so years.

The Kettleson RV folks are the "Rock Stars" of the RV dealerships. They supplied food, entertainment and RV service for many coaches as sponsors.....and they also spent the weekend with us as campers. This is a family run business with some great employees that took the time to support the rally while having some fun. Ed and Jim were particularly helpful and shared their RV knowledge with many of us.

Thanks again to all who made this weekend a success,

Chuck and Reggie

Jim Posz

Good food, good fun, good weather and good company. What more could a person ask for? Thanks again to Kettleson RV, Mark and Jennifer and all the rest of you for a fun weekend. Oh, yes, I've got the green light from the better half to join the club, so Jim B. will hopefully be hearing from us before long.
Jim Posz
Sundance 3300SK
White Chevy Duramax

Status
Not open for further replies.