Food Committee for Rally 2007

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Put us down for a marinated tomato salad for Wednesday. We have already signed up to bring a Heartland logo cake for Thursday night.

fulltimer

Fulltimer/Heartland Landmark

Tom and I will be attending this years Rally for the 1st time. We will furnish a dessert for Wednesday evening Progressive dinner.
For Thursday night - will provide a salad.
Have an easy recipe for Sunday morning.
Have a 30 cup coffee maker if needed, and have a table that we can offer also.
Tom & I will be available to help where ever we are can.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Tom and Jan Webber
Heartland Landmark Gold Canyon
Lot #456
Cartersville, GA

arisce

Dear Tom and Jan,
Thanks for the food contributions. Have you down for both suppers. Will check with Jim B. about the coffee maker and get back to you.See you in Elkhart and looking forward to meeting you. You will have such a great time with the Heartland family there.

Midastouch

arisce ...

I have not responded lately to the chats about "food" and such .... Once I get the OK that we will definately be there (new job may change the plans) I know we will want to be in on the Wednesday dinner also. Please let me know again what I have committed to (food wise) other than tables. I was thinking I would make a sausage/chicken jambalaya (a little cajun cuisine) on the night I think I have already been assigned. Help me re-organize when you get a chance ..... I'm going to just plan on making the trip with a positive attitude and figure out what to do if the job issue comes up!

Lynne

jbeletti

Lynne,

We know how you feel. Nancy is unemployed right now and is unsure of her date of attendance. She may come down late but I plan to take the week off to be in Goshen and she can join me when she can (3.5 hours for us).

Whoever offered the 30 cup coffee maker, please plan to bring it and filters. We will bring ours too. Large crowd this year = lots of coffee.

Thanks,

Jim

arisce

Dear Tom and Jan Webber,
As Jim mentioned above in his post, we would appreciate it if you could bring your large coffee maker and any filters for it as well.Thanks for offering it. See you in Elkhart.

arisce

Dear Lynne(Midastouch)
We ceratinly hope you will be able to make the rally as we had a great time last year. A jambalaya for Wed night sounds great and will go nicely with PK's gumbo for a cajun twist to the supper.For Thurs supper I have you down for a salad. Hope this sounds OK to you. See you in Elkhart in May.

Midastouch

Sounds good! We're planning the trip like there is no question as to whether we will be there or not ..... that's the only way to do it!;)

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
arisce
I thought we would bring Mostaccioli Casserole for our main dish on Wednesday for Thursday the Appetizer we have not yet decided on. Does that sound okay?:)
Thanks Kathy

Hi Karen and William,
I've finally had the time to sit down and read all of the posts for the Food Committee. WOW! Sure sounds like it's going to be another successful rally.
As I mentioned, we will be there on Thursday afternoon and we do have a 6' table which we will bring. I figured I'd wait and see what area needs help before I commit to a dessert to pass for the Thursday BBQ.
Let me know what I can do while you're gone on your trip (maybe hop in your suitcase?)
Looking forward to meeting all the new faces and re-acquainting with last years friends.

Don and Janet Robbins
Big Horn 3200 RL

arisce

Dear Ken & Kathy,
Your casserole sounds great for Wed night.As for the appetizer for Thurs Potluck BBQ, I have you down for an appetizer and you do not have to make up your mind right now-whenever is fine as long as you bring an appetizer.Thanks again.

jbeletti

Meal update for Wednesday & Thursday

Below is the table that Karen (arisce) is maintaining:

See the 25-Mar update to this in post 105

Last edited:

arisce

Thanks Jim for posting these tables regarding the 2 suppers.
To other attendees, I would appreciate it if you could let me know ASAP through this forum when you will be at the rally and if you plan on attending either Wed and/or Thurs suppers. As I stated previously, feel free to choose a food category, such as "appetizers" and let me know later what the dish is. Another point to remember is that everyone will be bringing their own meat for the Thurs night Potluck BBQ. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

cjbearden

Visitor
Food choices

JD and Carolyn Wigley will be arriving on Wednesday and plan to attend Wednesday/Thursday night activities. We will provide Appetizers both nights. Right now I am leaning toward cheese/fruit skewers for both nights. Should you find you have a need for something different I will be happy to give it a try.

arisce

Dear JD and CJ,
That sounds great!
We also travel with our 2 cats, Tabitha and Ebony. So we can chat about cat adventures as well as trailers.
See you in Indiana.

arisce

Is there something not right with our signature?

Great Princess K! The more tables we have the better it will be. We will also need small portable BBQ's for Thurs supper, but I am assuming that most campers travel with one. (Hope everyone is reading these posts and plans to bring their BBQ in case we need it. I know we always have a small one with us-makes so much sense to cook outside.)
Thanks Princess K and Vance. See you there!

Last edited:

arisce

Hello everyone,
Updates on the 2 charts will be made this weekend so don't worry if you haven't seen your food contribution yet. I have been working all week. Thanks!

arisce

Hello,
Jim should be updating the Wed and Thurs Supper charts shortly as I just e-mailed him the new information.
What I need now are several volunteers to help Janet and I purchase the food for the Farewell Breakfast on Friday morning so that we will have all the food ready to be prepared, i.e. sliced, put on platters, etc on Sunday morning for the breakfast. If you think you might have an hour to spare on that Sunday morning, please sign up to help. With over 100 people signed up, we are looking for volunteers as Janet and I can not do it alone.
If you have an interesting breakfast recipe which does not include many ingredients, feel free to bring it along and show it to us so we can decide if it is something easy we can include in the breakfast, i.e. muffins, strata, etc. Thanks again everyone.