jbeletti's 2018 Landmark 365 Newport

jbeletti

I like all that you have done to your rig. Now that our home remodeling is beginning to slow down, it will never ever be complete, I want to start on our LM. In your list of mods did you install a See-Level tank monitoring kit? In the meantime, with hammer and wrecking bar, I'm heading out the back door to contemplate where to start first.

Jeff - yes, I installed the monitor and the sensor for only the fresh water tank thus far. I produce RO water for 100% of our water needs, so I wanted a very accurate sense of my fresh water level. One day, I may get around to intalling the sensors for the other tanks.

Sounds like you and Nora have been busy!

smoore

I like all that you have done to your rig. Now that our home remodeling is beginning to slow down, it will never ever be complete, I want to start on our LM. In your list of mods did you install a See-Level tank monitoring kit? In the meantime, with hammer and wrecking bar, I'm heading out the back door to contemplate where to start first.

Jeff, I have installed the See Level monitors for all my tanks. I could not be happier with them!!! I have used a water meter when filling tanks including my black flush inlets and the gallons filled match the percentage for each tank. I don't even look at my factory tank sensors any longer.

Kathi-27

Jeff, I have installed the See Level monitors for all my tanks. I could not be happier with them!!! I have used a water meter when filling tanks including my black flush inlets and the gallons filled match the percentage for each tank. I don't even look at my factory tank sensors any longer.
do you remember the height of the different tanks are what sensors to use on what tanks. thinking about getting the seelevel system. want to make sure I have the right sensors before I take it apart. have a 2017 bh 3875fb. same floor plan as your lm

jbeletti

The tanks aren’t very tall. My sensors are 12” and I trimmed the one I installed down a bit.

See attached images of a sensor that has not been installed. Model number sticker is visible.
178da071c6cf93d89f628638d0b1b4bb.jpg
6afa3e601c468e376743b5c10c6828f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

The tanks aren’t very tall. My sensors are 12” and I trimmed the one I installed down a bit.

See attached images of a sensor that has not been installed. Model number sticker is visible.
178da071c6cf93d89f628638d0b1b4bb.jpg
6afa3e601c468e376743b5c10c6828f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim is this as simple as trimming and sticking them on the tanks?

smoore

do you remember the height of the different tanks are what sensors to use on what tanks. thinking about getting the seelevel system. want to make sure I have the right sensors before I take it apart. have a 2017 bh 3875fb. same floor plan as your lm

Kathi-27, I used the standard 12" strips that came with the kit. The sensors can be trimmed to fit as needed. I did have to trim a bit, my tanks were not very tall.

porthole

Retired
Re: PRODUCT ADD: Mopeka TankCheck (propane)

I went to reinstall my original propane gauge, the version with the round display and three lights, green yellow and red. It has been sitting in the garage for over a month and when tested it read yellow - so much for accuracy.

BTW, there is a new ring available for the bottom of the tanks.

https://mopeka.com/product/mopeka-tank-halo/

or

https://mopeka.com/product/mopeka-tank-anchor/

Mopeka has sponsored this product as door prizes for some of our club rallies and in 2017, I asked for an evaluation unit. Today, I finally installed it!

It's the Mopeka TankCheck. This product allows you to check your propane tank levels from their app and from their wall mountable monitor. The kit I received included:
Mopeka TankCheck Standard Sensors
- 6 Mopeka TankCheck Spacers (3 per tank)
Mopeka TankCheck Double Monitor

This product is sold by RV dealers and is marketed by AP Products on Amazon ($93.50 on 5-July-2018)

GOAL
  • Add the ability to accurately and easily read propane tank levels from inside the coach
PROGRESS
Project is complete - time spent was about 30 minutes

5-July-2018
  • Downloaded and installed the Mopeka TankCheck app
  • Removed both propane tanks from coach and turned them upside down
  • Placed 3 TankCheck Spacers, evenly placed around the perimeter of the bottom tank ring of both tanks
  • Placed TankCheck Standard Sensors on bottom of both tanks
  • For tank 1, pressed Sync button on TankCheck Standard Sensor 5 times to wake-up/initialize it, then pressed Sync button to pair sensor with app
  • Repeated above step for tank 2, then renamed both tanks in the app to Door Side and Off Door Side
  • Tested proper operation of TankCheck app
  • Reinstalled both tanks
  • On TankCheck Double Monitor, I pressed and held green tank 1 button until all LEDs in that column flashed, then pressed Sync button on tank 1 TankCheck Standard Sensor
  • Repeated above step for tank 2, using black tank 2 button instead of green
  • Tested proper operation of TankCheck Double Monitor
  • Mounted TankCheck Double Monitor to wall inside coach (2 screws not supplied)
  • Smiled at how cool of a product this is :)
View attachment 58428 View attachment 58427 View attachment 58429 View attachment 58430

jbeletti

Re: PRODUCT ADD: Mopeka TankCheck (propane)

I went to reinstall my original propane gauge, the version with the round display and three lights, green yellow and red. It has been sitting in the garage for over a month and when tested it read yellow - so much for accuracy.

BTW, there is a new ring available for the bottom of the tanks.

https://mopeka.com/product/mopeka-tank-halo/

or

https://mopeka.com/product/mopeka-tank-anchor/

I'm looking to get two of those rings soon.

jbeletti

PRODUCT ADD: Magazine Rack

Our previous Landmark came with a nice magazine rack on one end of the island. Nancy misses that rack as she likes to store travel related magazines and books there. Heartland still has these in inventory so I ordered and installed one (p/n: 0168366).

Magazine Rack - pn 0168366.jpg

jbeletti

Re: PRODUCT ADD: Magazine Rack

jim if I may ask, how much was it ?

Dave - I'll find out and post it back here. As my coach is owned by Heartland RVs, I don't pay for parts from them to put in their coach, so I usually don't know the retail cost. I will get it :)

CoveredWagon

Dave - I'll find out and post it back here. As my coach is owned by Heartland RVs, I don't pay for parts from them to put in their coach, so I usually don't know the retail cost. I will get it :)

Thanks Jim. No need but thanks for the offer. I can call parts and order one. It’s just what I want.

BTW any idea how I can get Heartland to spring for my coach. 😁 You’ve got the Landmark, I think they need the Bighorn with its own representation. Good idea huh?

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. No need but thanks for the offer. I can call parts and order one. It’s just what I want.

BTW any idea how I can get Heartland to spring for my coach. 😁 You’ve got the Landmark, I think they need the Bighorn with its own representation. Good idea huh?

No worries Dave - I've already asked for the ordering P/N and Retail Cost. Good luck on the free coach :)