Question on wheel temps.

bob34787

update from Camping World, they could find nothing wrong so I get to pay the labor, I hope they are correct not that we ever go much further than Disney.

marvmarcy

FWIW: Bad bearings don't always produce excessive heat. I check tires, wheels, drums and hubs for abnormal heat at most stops. I had bearings repacked by a reputable dealer less than one year and 8,000 miles ago. All bearings were good at that time, and I found no abnormal temps since then. When I recently removed the 16" wheels to install 17.5" wheels, I found bad bearings on the front axle. They were very noisy just rotating the drums. New bearing sets for both axles are on order.

bob34787

well lets hope the tech knows what he is doing as I am not going to spend 140.00 to have it checked every time it feels hot, at that price I will let it go and see what happens, than the warranty can fix it, I am not used to paying labor if they don't find a problem, just assumed it was like taking my car in to have something checked under warranty, guess my old dealer did things for me just because I was a customer and did not charge me if he found nothing to charge the manufacturer for.

danemayer

If something was a little tight, opening it up and closing it as part of the inspection may have resolved the problem.

bob34787

we shall see, my other 2 5th wheels, 2011 cedar creek 36 RE and 2013 36 CKTS may very well have gotten warm also, but for some reason I never noticed, the Landmark just had a bit of a smell coming from the one wheel so I checked them. I doubt much can go wrong in my 17 mile trips to Disney, but next tie I will hook up my monitor and see.