Towmax blowout 2 days ago

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Any benefit to carrying 2 spare tires on trip from WI to CA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well . . . if you are running two axles with four BlowMax tires . . . then you should be carrying four spares! :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

GOTTOYS

I have a gateway 3650bh and I blew out twice in one week with the towmax. I keep my RV clean and parked in a 30x60 building. I check air pressure before I leave for a trip and before I come home. I really thought proper care and treatment of these tires would make a difference, it did not. The towmax tires are 2 years old with close to 4500 miles on them. So I am researching hard and I fine this forum. I now I feel like I should have joined 2 years ago when I got my RV.

Has anyone ever used Prometer tires. I'm going to a 14 ply now and my tire guy says they are a good tire.
Does your "tire guy" have an RV? Has he ever used them? I would never buy a tire I never heard of. Go with a known product, Sailun, Goodyear G614 or Maxxis. Those are the tires you see on the internet as being trouble free. Don't waste your time on a recommendation from a tire store on a product they like to sell because they make a good profit on it.

Rollin_Free

Any benefit to carrying 2 spare tires on trip from WI to CA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Not speaking from experience but I've read in this forum that a blow out of one tire of a dual axle rig will over stress the remaining tire on the same side of the rig and both should be replaced at the same time. One because it's destroyed and the other because of overloading.

That being said I am procrastinating because I only carry one spare.:confused:

danemayer

Not speaking from experience but I've read in this forum that a blow out of one tire of a dual axle rig will over stress the remaining tire on the same side of the rig and both should be replaced at the same time. One because it's destroyed and the other because of overloading.
Here's how I understand it. Overloading that occurs when one tire blows out will cause damage, but it depends how far and how fast you drive. One tire carrying twice the normal weight will cause excessive flex, generating heat which damages the fibers. If you pull over immediately, you may be ok. If you drive at 55 mph for 2 miles to get to the next exit, maybe not so much.

Abear79

Called Heartland about Towmax, HL gave me direct number to towmax. Call started a claim with them, Which so far they been really nice and helpful, Towmax is apart of dynamic tires. A company out of Ontario, Canada. They want all 4 tires so they can examine them.

FiremanBill

Called Heartland about Towmax, HL gave me direct number to towmax. Call started a claim with them, Which so far they been really nice and helpful, Towmax is apart of dynamic tires. A company out of Ontario, Canada. They want all 4 tires so they can examine them.

And if it turns out anything like mine all they will do is pro rate the tire and end up giving you about 60 bucks a piece. Better than nothing but in my case it did nothing to fix the $1500 in damage tot he side of my trailer.

Abear79

Did they want copies of pics of damage, estimate, and receipts of new tires? They are asking for all this and I was hoping for more. but 60 bucks a tire is better than nothing. I should get the estimate today or tomorrow

SNOKING

So I take it that you have the newer Towmax tires that had a Nylon cap or ply added. Does the sidewall list a Nylon ply? Chris

Abear79

Im not sure, but I will check and let you know.

Is the nylon a cause in the premature tire failure?

Last edited:

Diamondjim

And if it turns out anything like mine all they will do is pro rate the tire and end up giving you about 60 bucks a piece. Better than nothing but in my case it did nothing to fix the $1500 in damage tot he side of my trailer.

My Blowmax blew and destroyed the other Towmax behind it. Had a GoodSam tire insurance policy, did not buy Towmax replacements, but rather MAXXIS (5), but they paid for equal replacements for 2 tires. I was happy.
My damage to the rig was limited to sheet metal and a fiberglass fender skirt. All the lights, wiring, gas lines etc. body and fender work I did myself. HL shipped me a new fender....for a price!
Good as new, and anxious to put 1300 miles on this weekend, heading to Ohio for the summer, as snowbirds.

SNOKING

My Blowmax blew and destroyed the other Towmax behind it. Had a GoodSam tire insurance policy, did not buy Towmax replacements, but rather MAXXIS (5), but they paid for equal replacements for 2 tires. I was happy.
My damage to the rig was limited to sheet metal and a fiberglass fender skirt. All the lights, wiring, gas lines etc. body and fender work I did myself. HL shipped me a new fender....for a price!
Good as new, and anxious to put 1300 miles on this weekend, heading to Ohio for the summer, as snowbirds.

That would be sunbirds, not snowbirds!! Chris

FiremanBill

yep all that. And I still wasn't getting anywhere with them. They had every excuse in the book blaming me, overloaded, low pressure, towing to fast, you name it they used it. It wasn't til I posted on their facebook page that I got anywhere with them.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Has anyone had an experience with Trailer King Tires???
These are replacing the Tow Max on some new Heartland RV's....
Same MFG as the Tow Max but is suppose to be a higher quality tire...
Tredit Tire says they have not had any issue thus far, but they don't deal with warranty claims.