Poll: What Landmark 365 Floor Plan should Heartland work on next?

From the 4 layouts listed below, which would you like to see Heartland work on next?

• Rear Living Room layout - 36’-38’ length - Mainstream floor plan a just a little shorter

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • Front Living Room layout - 41'+ length

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Rear Den - 41'+ length - Sliding glass doors to separate rear living room

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Bonus Room - 42'+ length - 8' to-10’ box with rear window, 36” side entry door and steps (no ramp)

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

merlinb

Retired
I would like a front living room that has two recliners looking straight on to the TV. I've never seen one yet.

Don,
They do exist. Take a look at the Redwood RW38FL or the Crossroads Lincoln RF39LN. In the Redwood you could probably swap out the couch for two recliners. I am not trying to drive anyone away from Heartland but perhaps the Heartland designers could get some ideas from these.

T

TomMontague

Merlin - You are correct. Remember we started Redwood back in August of 2010. The first version from Redwood had the "recliners" on the off door side looking directly at the TV. The problem with this design is that the recliners didn't recline because they are actually sitting 6" off the ground because of the frame. So if you are looking at older Redwoods please keep in mind those don't recline. This is why they have individual ottomans. The new Redwood has recliners in the front cap and a TV wall that separates the living room and dining room, mini sofa's are on the two sides... The recliners in this floor plan are also sitting on a 4" lip which restricts the action of the recliners. Both are less than desirable in my opinion and from users I've talked to - not overly comfortable.

A decent front living room in my opinion is the Grand Design front living room but it falls short of expectations when you enter the bathroom and bedroom. Not having the rear window really cramps most peoples style in the back bedroom. If you can wait - I think the Front Living Room that we are working on will take the best of all the current front living rooms and combine them into a single coach. LM365 will have the best FL in the business. Unfortunately it's not going to be one of the first 4 floor plans but it could very easily be #5.

I hope this helps shed some light on Front Living Rooms......

Thanks,
Tom

merlinb

Retired
Thanks for the info, Tom. I have really liked the FL design since I saw the first one back in '05 or '06. It was only made for about two years and it never caught on well. I think it was because the pin weight was so high with two slides in the front overhang. Then it seems like about two or three years ago there were suddenly two or three on the market and the FL design became popular and now I think there must be seven or eight of them. I still like the FL design but most of them are now in the 39 to 42 foot overall length category and that is just too long for my taste. I currently have a 38' FW and I really want something smaller. I am really liking the Sundance 2880RLT. Stay tuned.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
still wanting the BH 3670 / Augusta floor plan. If it needs to be longer to accommodate bigger TV's and a mega shower so be it. All we really care about is a couch on the back wall, entertainment slide with a desk / table, two doors in the bed room, and a shelf on BOTH sides of the king size bed. We love everything else about our 3670. We are 100% in love with the dedicated kitchen area and the counter space it has.

P.S. Jim B: Amy is currently working on the lay out for the "Cody" :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
still wanting the BH 3670 / Augusta floor plan. If it needs to be longer to accommodate bigger TV's and a mega shower so be it. All we really care about is a couch on the back wall, entertainment slide with a desk / table, two doors in the bed room, and a shelf on BOTH sides of the king size bed. We love everything else about our 3670. We are 100% in love with the dedicated kitchen area and the counter space it has.

If I didn't like the front bath with dedicated office in place of the 2nd bath, this "update" of the Augusta would be my next choice. (Coincidentally, all these are things we like/would change with our ER 34QSRL-- like kitchen and counter space, wish we had couch at back wall, love the desk/workspace, love the 2-door bath, need king bed and nightstands)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
If I didn't like the front bath with dedicated office in place of the 2nd bath, this "update" of the Augusta would be my next choice. (Coincidentally, all these are things we like/would change with our ER 34QSRL-- like kitchen and counter space, wish we had couch at back wall, love the desk/workspace, love the 2-door bath, need king bed and nightstands)

Not that coincidental Erika, I was thinking of you when I mentioned the desk area. It really is much nicer than what they came up with in the later models. If Heartland's not interested is reintroducing something along those line perhaps we'll need to pool our recourses and introduce our own line of luxury 5TH wheels...... Oh wait. If we did that we couldn't attend the nationals..... never mind.

See you guy's in October.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Especially when I have helpers!

c30ba862b73b7cd43519e5209dfa9b96.jpg

jbeletti

P.S. Jim B: Amy is currently working on the lay out for the "Cody" :)

Looking forward to seeing it Dave! Also, we NEED you guys in Iowa in October for the Regional Rally. You guys, Tucker and that HUGE frying pan :)

123camper

I was just reading on another forum that had towing laws listed for each state. If I read correctly, the max length for a fifth wheel in most states was 40 ft. So my question is, why are lengths listed at 41+ and 42+ feet? And how are we going to be able to tow these and be legal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I was just reading on another forum that had towing laws listed for each state. If I read correctly, the max length for a fifth wheel in most states was 40 ft. So my question is, why are lengths listed at 41+ and 42+ feet? And how are we going to be able to tow these and be legal?

My guess is that the info you read on another forum was in error. I've never heard of a state law limiting 5th wheels to 40 feet. I have heard of states with "overall" length limits. 65 feet is a good example.

DougS

Doug S
Another vote for a re-worked Grand Canyon, only shaving off a foot or two. I would also like to see all interior light switches moved outside of cabinets, opening a cabinet door to turn lights on and off makes no sense . I would like an option to remove most carpeting especially on the stairs and hallways. I would also like to see the name of Grand Canyon continue along with other major Landmark names, not sure where the Ashland name came from. I would also hope the options for gas stoves, ovens, and refrigerators will continue instead of all electric. I would like to see better quality rear ladders. I would like to see the best running gear (axles, tires, brakes) being used on the Landmarks. I would like to see slam latches on the front facing outside hatch.
One last thought, I was sitting in a 3160EL, and I really missed the ceiling fan. I understand you can not have a ceiling fan when the two opposing slides are different heights, but what if the walls were the same height, couldn't a ceiling fan be used. Just my thoughts.

MTPockets

My guess is that the info you read on another forum was in error. I've never heard of a state law limiting 5th wheels to 40 feet. I have heard of states with "overall" length limits. 65 feet is a good example.
Actually there are quite a few states with 40ft "trailer" limits and a few states with 60 ft combined limits. Massachusetts shows a trailer limit of 33 ft and overall 60 ft. Maryland shows overall limit 55 ft. The trailer limit may apply only to tongue & ball trailers, but I'm guessing. What I don't know is if this applies only to commercial or not.

123camper

Sorry, I don't know how to forward a website to this forum. The information I was reading is on irv2 under the motor home section.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would think that reciprocity between states would cover. In other words, if you are legal in your home state, you are legal there.

stevenssr

Another vote for a re-worked Grand Canyon, only shaving off a foot or two. I would also like to see all interior light switches moved outside of cabinets, opening a cabinet door to turn lights on and off makes no sense . I would like an option to remove most carpeting especially on the stairs and hallways. I would also like to see the name of Grand Canyon continue along with other major Landmark names, not sure where the Ashland name came from. I would also hope the options for gas stoves, ovens, and refrigerators will continue instead of all electric. I would like to see better quality rear ladders. I would like to see the best running gear (axles, tires, brakes) being used on the Landmarks. I would like to see slam latches on the front facing outside hatch.
One last thought, I was sitting in a 3160EL, and I really missed the ceiling fan. I understand you can not have a ceiling fan when the two opposing slides are different heights, but what if the walls were the same height, couldn't a ceiling fan be used. Just my thoughts.

I agree with your suggestions.

To me, size is not the objective. Quality is the objective. For example, my tow vehicle has a fantastic sounding stereo system. I might be stepping up into the trailer, but I'm stepping down when I turn on the sound system. Why can't it be at least as good as my truck? Heartland is an integrator of commercial-off-the-shelf items. Their role is to pick quality products from quality suppliers, and integrate them together in a highly desirable way. For their top of the line model (Landmark), they should be subcontracting subtle detailed changes to COTS products to make them standout. Basically, I don't need 5 or 10 extra feet of space. I need quality. Also, you can go to almost any campground and see what people are buying. Seems like a lot of people go out and buy power management systems, vent covers, lube plates, water pressure regulators, sewer hose storage solutions, etc. All of this stuff could be integrated into the construction of the trailer.

T

TomMontague

Very interesting point of view. I like it. We are looking at SONOS for the sound system moving forward - I'm also reviewing a BOSE system. We are trying hard to bring " Quality " and innovation in an affordable luxury package. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Thx Tom

travlingman

I would like to see a front living room with a straight on view of the TV, theater seating preferred. Would like for the front to have some views outside, maybe on the door side slide have a floor to ceiling window. Instead of having the stairs to the front living area on the door side by the door, move it to the off door side. Don't really like 2 entrance doors as you loose space for something inside. In the bedroom, have a fireplace option along with a 40"+ TV since it is a big room.

On the outside, need storage. This is the reason we didn't buy one. Have not seen one with any storage in the belly. Besides the awning between the front and rear slides, how about on the slides themselves? Make sure that when you are hooking up the truck, that with a long bed truck you don't have to get out and close tailgate before you can hitch.