My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

jbeletti

Add-Ons Progress on My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

Classy Chassis is coming along on completing my truck. Below are the latest pictures. Here's what has been completed or is in progress in this update:

- Addition of Hood Wind Deflector, Window Vent Shades and paint-out of all
- Addition of running boards and painting of same
- Paint out of backs of OEM side mirrors
- Addition of 60 gallon Aux Fuel Tank
- Addition of 6 one foot sections of aluminum Tie Down Track
- Addition of billet grill

Hood Deflector, Mirror and Window Vent Shades - all painted out.jpg Running Boards Painted and Installed.jpg 60 Gallon Aux Tank and some Tie-Down Track Installed.jpg Installing Tie-Down Tracks.jpg Dash Apart doing Wiring.jpg

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hey - thanks for the quick feedback on the vinyl graphics. Some like it, some do not. Keep the feedback coming.

Also, below is a picture of an F550 that Classy Chassis built for someone else and it has some vinyl graphics on it.

If you are in favor of some vinyl graphics, what are your thoughts on this example?

Another Idea on Vinyl.jpg

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Re: My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build - Vinyl Graphics

Pin striping

I agree. I would keep it Simple. BTW Jim, I'm planning on being in Gillette this weekend or next so if you need anything checked on let me know.

loafer

Jim
No graphics on truck the trailer has enuf . I would however put some pinstriping that colour matches the gold along the beltline of the truck.And maybe Jim on the driver door and Nancy on the passenger door(just an old trucker way of doing things)
JMHO
Bill

mmomega

AnyTimer

IMHO those don't look bad but I would try and get some similar to what is on the trailer if possible. Simple graphics go a long way, personally I'm not a huge fan of names on the doors or rear window but that's just me.

You should swap over those 19.5" Alcoa's to the new truck, it would help fill in the huge fender holes and look nicer.

porthole

Retired
If you are in favor of some vinyl graphics, what are your thoughts on this example?

View attachment 18830

Hey the nerve - somebody saw your truck and copied it!

I'm still in favor of the pin striping, no names on the door, but initials look good on PU's.

Whatever you do - no 1970's lighted grab handles!

Attachments

• F-550b.jpg
    F-550b.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 31

jnbhobe

Just the pin striping is fine since you change rigs so often. I like the graphics but they could create a conflict some where down the line.

PSF513

I'm not a graphics fan. The truck is gorgeous and the trailer needs to stand on its own. If you were like most of us and keep your trailer for a while, graphics like Keith Lindgren did on his truck that match the trailer might be good but I like the truck as it sits.

jbeletti

Attached is the latest round of F450 build pictures. Left to go is the vinyl decals I ended up going with.

Passenger Side - Front Corner.jpg Billet Grill.jpg Air Intake and Connection for Air Lift Aux Air System - 1.jpg Air Intake and Connection for Air Lift Aux Air System -2.jpg Headache Rack, Rear Lights, Aux Tank.jpg Trailer Saver TS3 Hitch.jpg Passenger Side - Rear Corner.jpg Rear of Truck.jpg Valor TPMS Monitor.jpg

JJOren

Great Looking Truck Jim!!!

Really like that Color Scheme!!..LOL

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I'm loving the color also! :rolleyes:

jnbhobe

That rig is looking better and better !!!

driver311

Re: Paint Progress on My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

to bad u didnt get a real truck to start with

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Paint Progress on My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

Dang...I gotta get a job.
Nice ride!

Peace
Dave