Heading West

gschaaf

No problem Rod hope to see you guys again. Wish we could have spent more time with ya. Hope your vacation was as great as ours been.

gschaaf

Well we finally made that left turn heading east. We are in Sacramento CA. for the night heading for Utah at Bryce Canyon and Mt Zion. See ya all soon!!!!

cjhicks

We too have made the turn for home, it has been a great trip but we must head home due to the passing of Judy's mother, she was 92 and lived a great life. We were on our way to Vegas when we received the phone call. Last nite we stopped at Fruita, Colorado after dinner we drove up to see The Colorado National Monument and drove the 23 mile Rim Rock Drive, if you are ever in this area it is a site worth seeing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 63

dix36

Calvin...

Safe travels you two! Sorry to hear about Judy's Mom. God Bless....and may you have fair winds and following seas!!!!

Dick and Reta

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So sorry for your loss and that you had to shorten your trip for such a sad reason.

Kristy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We too are sorry for your loss. Safe travels Calvin and Judy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

gschaaf

We finally made it to Mt. Zion after taking some of the back roads thru Nevada. Fran wasn't crazy about that with no signs of life and pass a car every 10 to 15 miles. See ya all soon!!!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's a hard life Glen. Someone has to see all these ugly places😃.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gschaaf

I'm glad to do it Gus and also glad to here your reply it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. This is just a small part of America The Beautiful.

cjhicks

Glen, We know how Fran felt, when we left Tonopah, Nevada and started heading home we turned onto Rt. 6 and the first sigh that we saw said No Services The next 139 Miles and we might have met a half dozen cars going the other way. We have about 500 miles to go before reaching our daughters home in La Plata, Md. We have stopped for the nite at the "Walmart" campground off of Rt. 64 in Mt. Sterling, KY.

VKTalley

Glen, We know how Fran felt, when we left Tonopah, Nevada and started heading home we turned onto Rt. 6 and the first sigh that we saw said No Services The next 139 Miles and we might have met a half dozen cars going the other way. We have about 500 miles to go before reaching our daughters home in La Plata, Md. We have stopped for the nite at the "Walmart" campground off of Rt. 64 in Mt. Sterling, KY.

Enjoy Mt, Sterling! You just passed through my hometown, Lexington, KY! Safe travels on eastward.

gschaaf

Yeah Calvin it was quite a ride. Glad to here you are making progress to home wish we could have hooked up again. Tell Judy we are thinking of her and hope all goes well. See you guys in PA rally.

gschaaf

Spent a day at Bryce Canyon I felt like somebody beat me up from all the walking. I was gone to get in the hot tub at the cg but it didn't make much sense being it was 102 degrees air temp. We are having a blast on our trip but it is getting close to coming home. See ya all soon!!!image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 44

Thenomads

Glad you enjoyed Bryce. I think we have the same picture as a screen saver. (LOL) We have been there 4 times, it is a beautiful place. We have never seen it that hot there, too bad, makes it difficult to do all the hiking (walking). We were there in May of 2011 and got a little snow. Everyone needs to go to Bryce at least once!

Wish we were there!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Spent a day at Bryce Canyon I felt like somebody beat me up from all the walking. I was gone to get in the hot tub at the cg but it didn't make much sense being it was 102 degrees air temp. We are having a blast on our trip but it is getting close to coming home. See ya all soon!!!View attachment 26004

You guys look great glad you are having a wonderful time we all miss you guys and are looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Safe travels back

gschaaf

I haven't been on the last couple of days we were camped out 4 mi down in a canyon with no service. Here are a few pics of Hoover dam and the skywalk in the west part of Grand Canyon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 52

JJnVA

We were at Hoover dam Labor Day weekend last year and then the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It is all such amazing scenery and what an experience, right? Enjoy the rest of your western adventures!

VKTalley

I haven't been on the last couple of days we were camped out 4 mi down in a canyon with no service. Here are a few pics of Hoover dam and the skywalk in the west part of Grand Canyon

Glenn,

When were you and Fran at Hoover Dam? Malcolm and I were there on August 11, 2013 and south rim of the Grand Canyon on August 13, 2013. We rode the Grand Canyon Rail from Williams, AZ.