Heading West

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Have a few other Heartland models here at the cg. We talked to a few to let them know about the HOC one is from your neck of the woods. They said they were going to go online and check things out.

Way to work it Glenn! You have learned well! Enjoy.

porthole

Retired
Calvin, 2 tricks to try. One is the longer hose on your fill hose, even if a smaller diameter, try and get a foot or two in the fill inlet.

2nd is to use a short length of hose, stick one end over the vent and blow air through it to clear any water out of the vent line.

2nd tip will most likely help the most.

gschaaf

Well we are here in Glacier Nat'l Park and what beautiful country. This is a pic of one of the lakes here. We seen on the forum that Washington was having a rally next week and the four of us East Coaster were going to drop in and chat a spell. Unfortunately the cg was full. We will try again to see if there is any cancelations. I know NY rally is coming up and wish everyone a great time sorry we couldn't be there. Just put 2 empty chairs by the fire and pretend. See ya all soon!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 77

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
That looks like Lake McDonald? Be sure to take the going to the sun road (take a touring car from the lodge) up to the top of the continental divide. It is beautiful there. One of our favorite places. If memory serves me right, I think they may have some free shuttles going up and back. Have fun! Where are you staying?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
gschaaf,

Those pics are incredible! We are still keeping our fingers crossed that a couple of sites for the WA Chapter Rally open up for you all.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gschaaf

That looks like Lake McDonald? Be sure to take the going to the sun road (take a touring car from the lodge) up to the top of the continental divide. It is beautiful there. One of our favorite places. If memory serves me right, I think they may have some free shuttles going up and back. Have fun! Where are you staying?

Your memory is good Bret that is the lake

gschaaf

gschaaf,

Those pics are incredible! We are still keeping our fingers crossed that a couple of sites for the WA Chapter Rally open up for you all.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm still trying Rod maybe we can find something close and come over for a visit.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Glenn and Fran,

I just emailed Marylee from the park and told her to let me know if they get any cancelations between the 24th and 28th. Let me know a number I can contact you in case she can figure something out. You can PM it to me or email me.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

marvmarcy

We often see Heartland rigs on Hwy 93 here in western MT. Summer brings hundreds of thousands of tourists to MT, especially to Yellowstone and Glacier NPs, and our normally-quiet area becomes congested. Our home base is Polson, half way between Missoula and Kalispell. We are 1 1/2 hours from West Glacier, 30 minutes from the National Bison Range and 5 minutes from Flathead Lake. From our hilltop we can see the west side of Glacier NP, the whole length of Flathead Lake, the NBR and whole Mission Valley. The weather has been warm, with days in 80s - 90s and nights in the 50s - 60s. There's not a better place to be in July-August.

gschaaf

We often see Heartland rigs on Hwy 93 here in western MT. Summer brings hundreds of thousands of tourists to MT, especially to Yellowstone and Glacier NPs, and our normally-quiet area becomes congested. Our home base is Polson, half way between Missoula and Kalispell. We are 1 1/2 hours from West Glacier, 30 minutes from the National Bison Range and 5 minutes from Flathead Lake. From our hilltop we can see the west side of Glacier NP, the whole length of Flathead Lake, the NBR and whole Mission Valley. The weather has been warm, with days in 80s - 90s and nights in the 50s - 60s. There's not a better place to be in July-August.

Marv and Marcy you have a beautiful state. We are camping at canyon rv right near west glacier. We might try to come to the cherry festival in Polson over the weekend. We have to move from this cg on sat. so we may move to the Amgar park for a few days.

gschaaf

We took a little boat tour on lake McDonald today had a great time. We have met a lot of nice people along the way and then a few crazies in the Walmart we stayed one night. We are hooking back up with Calvin and Judy tommoro. We will be here for a few more days then moving on. Have a great time in NYimage.jpgimage.jpg

gschaaf

We just got back from dinner at the Night Owl with Calvin and Judy and we all came out feeling like pot belly pigs. Had another great day in the park I will post some pics tomorrow right now we need to get our beauty sleep.

cjhicks

Had a great day today We went over Logans Pass to Many Glacier area, The sights were awesome and we finally got to see a BEAR up close

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 48